Sunday, April 30, 2017

Book Review: Only Children Chase Sawdust by Willowy Whisper



Their whole life turned to sawdust and blew away . . . 

Please don't leave me, Jacob. I need you. I know you're grieving. Maybe we all are. But you're chasing something you'll never catch . . . and we both know you won't come back alive.

The one tripping stone the story presented me was the location, which was vague throughout. It was not clear to me whether the story was the "far west" or somewhere more eastern earlier in the century. Nevertheless, it didn't bother me much as the very vagueness further reminded me of some westerns I've seen, something the feel of the story was already giving me vibes of.

And speaking of feel...

I was going to say that the feel of this story is delightful, but then withdrew it as it didn't seem the correct adjective to use in speaking of some of the horrors the characters undergo. Except for that fact though, I would have. From the twinkly light of a mountain stream to the violence of an Indian raid the aura of this tale is simply vivid with life. Seriously, the flow of the words slip over your soul with cool delight.

My favorite bit of all has to be the last paragraphs - silently the sawdust danced in loving circles...

So the ending closes as the story began, with loveliness thrilling every word.

Author Bio


Willowy Whisper is a young Christian fiction author. She lives somewhere in the middle of nowhere, smack-dab in the country hills of West Virginia. She is the author of seven novels, six of which are published, and numerous short stories. She is also a born-again believer in Jesus Christ, an incurable romantic, and a passionate dreamer. To follow her, visit her blog at www.willowywhisper.com

The story may be purchased here.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...